Tuesday, November 27, 2007

In the Meadow we can build a Snowman....

We had a great time with Chris's family for Thanksgiving! Lots of food and some needed R&R. But we were kinda sad we missed 4 inches of snow in Abilene on Thanksgiving day.... We came home Saturday with high expectations for a Winter Wonderland when we woke up Sunday morning thanks to another expected round, only to have murky rain instead! But then Sunday afternoon, Christmas came Early!

The flakes were HUGE!!!
(and what a cutie all bundled up braving the snow!)








Gatsby was not quite sure what to think about the crazy white stuff! He was too funny!






But he did demonstrate a wise old saying:
Don't Eat Yellow Snow!!!!!!









This is outside....


So this is what we did inside....there's nothing
better than a fire burning with snow outside!


I hope this put you all in the Christmas spirit like it did me!!!!! Happy Holidays!

10 comments:

Jodi said...

Fun Fun Fun! We didn't get snow, but the cold at least put me in the spirit! And man, I am impressed your decorations are all up already! Today is my first day home, so I have some catching up to do!! :) Love ya! Happy Holidays "Wonderful Time of the Year!!"

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

ooooooooooo it looks sooooooooooo homey!!!!! i love it!
i can't wait to decorate our house for Christmas one day!!

Anonymous said...

I love that you took a picture of Gatsby's yellow snow! It always takes me such a long time to get in the Christmas spirit living in Abilene. The snow was a welcome boost into the season. Glad we got to have a cozy dinner with the two of you on Sunday evening as well.

Jamie said...

I love the Christmas pics. It snowed at my parents in Arlington for like 30 minutes but then today it is 70 degrees outside. I am glad that it stuck in Abilene. What a great weekend to put up decorations. They look great.

Cara said...

Yay for snow! I wish that we actually got winter in Austin. I miss playing in the snow. The yellow snow pic is hilarious. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog.

Meredith said...

You crack me up! I love the "yellow" snow. Beautiful Christmas tree!

Andrea W. said...

I have checked your blog a couple of times hoping to see a blog on the Abilene snow! LUCKY!
p.s.- your house is so cute!

Kelby said...

As you can guess...my favorite is the pee in the snow.

Kristen said...

That is crazy that Abilene got so much snow. That never happens! Love the house decorations!

Allison said...

I can't believe all of that snow! Your house looks so pretty, warm, and cozy!!!