Thursday, November 8, 2007

To Love and to Cherish

It's hard to believe that Friday Chris and I will celebrate our 5th anniversary. When I look back on our years of marriage, it seems like just yesterday that we were saying "I Do". But on the other hand, I can barely remember life without him beside me. Our marriage has truly been one of the greastest blessings of my life!In honor of our 5 years of wedded bliss, here are 5 things that I love about my sweet hubby!



  1. He is Smart! If you know Chris, you know this. I remember thinking I was smart until I started spending time with him! Even now he'll break out a random word and I've got to bust out the dictionary. And I'm not just talking about legal mumbo jumbo that I have no idea what he's talking about. He remembers everything and is so knowledgeable about a wide variety of topics. But with his brilliance, comes humility. He not arrogant, but instead insists there is so much he doesn't know. I think they call that wisdom.


  2. He is funny! Seriously, the boy keeps me laughing all the time. He has the smartest, quickest sense of humor. I guess that comes with aforementioned #1. And for someone so smart, he can also be incredibly corny. I can always count on him for a good laugh.


  3. He has rhythm and loves to sing. This one might come as a surprise to some of you, but it's true. Seeing as how I have no rhythm, I especially love this about him. I just feel bad for him that he doesn't have someone that can tear up the dance floor with him. And with that, he can sing just about any song you can throw at him. Not only this, but he makes up his own lyrics to fit a given situation. Sunday mornings getting ready for church are especially fun!


  4. He's sensitive. Truly, he is the best husband in the world, and I think one of the biggest reasons is he is so in tune with the needs of others. He listens to me rant and cry about things that have no real consequence, all the while making me feel like i'm not silly for caring so much about things that aren't all that important (see post about social clubs!). He makes up pet names for me all the time (Maur-tian, Maur-tini, Maur-bear) and sets the alarm early just so I can get my cuddle time in the morning. He's even sensitive to our dog and makes sure Gatsby gets the attention he needs (ok, wants).... sounds corny, but this is one example how I know he'll make a great dad someday! He already is a great dad to little G.

  5. Finally, and most importantly, he seeks to Glorify God in all he does. From his work to our family, he understands the need to put God first. And with that, he sets priorities that will Honor God and the needs of our family above his own personal gain. And these things ultimately help me to be a better person- a better wife, a better friend, a better Christian. What could be better than a husband that makes you more than you are on your own?



So, Happy Anniversary Honey! Each day my love grows for you, even though each day I think I couldn't love you more! Here's to many more years of sharing life together and walking through it hand in hand.










12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Mauri & Chris!

Kelby said...

Your husband also has the stones to send raunchy emails to moms, mothers in law, and his buddies...He's an awesome dude and I'd agree with you on all your points....

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

April said...

Happy Anniversary!

Allison said...

Such a sweet post!! Happy Anniversary!! Such beautiful pictures!

Jodi said...

Yay! Happy Five Years! I remember that GORGEOUS day in November very fondly... GORGEOUS bride and a very happy hubby! :) Love ya!

campers said...

Happy Anniversary!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

It's time for you to have kids.

The Houston's said...

I agree with Molly. Happy Anniversary!!

Ashley said...

Aw, great post! Happy Anniversary! Marriage is such a blessing!

Meredith said...

Glad to see you have a blog now! Congratulations on 5 years!! We need to get together for lunch soon, now that I'm offically here, that is if you can handle hearing 2 wild kiddos.

Meredith said...

No problem! Whenever you get some free time we'll meet up! Good luck with finishing up this semester!