Thursday, November 15, 2007

Weekend Getaway

For our anniverary, Chris and I took a long weekend and went to San Antonio for a little R & R. It was so great to get away and just enjoy spending some time together. Since we lived in San Antonio right after we got married, it was especially fun to relive those early days now 5 years later...
We spent an afternoon in Gruene... we were
probably the only ones around drinking coke out
of a glass bottle if you know what I mean!

We ate tons... and this is one of our favorites!


And this is why... GARLIC salad dressing. Heaven.
And great steaks too, but forgot to take a pic!

And it wouldn't be a trip to SA without
a visit to our favorite Mexican Food Restaurant.
Did I mention we ate a lot of food?

All in all, a great weekend to celebrate an even greater marriage!




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great trip (not to mention the super five years)! Here's to many wonderful more!

Love,
C

Anonymous said...

Mauri, I love your blog and your pictures! I'm glad you and Chris had such a nice time on your little vacation. Your post about Chris was so sweet; he's just as blessed to have you as you are him. Thanks for giving me a glimpse into a happy, healthy marriage. Unfortunately, I hear about so many on the other side of the fence. May God bless you with many happy years to come!

Anonymous said...

I was totally embarrassed when I saw that my name showed up as "Jaime Goff, PhD" when I just posted. I immediately went back to my blog and took the "PhD" part off!

Kristen said...

What a fun trip! :)

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

Mauri,
Hey this is Rebekah here I was at Jaime's party the other night and I could not place you and it was driving me crazy but Jaime asked me the next day if I knew you from camp and it dawned on me!!!! You were a counselor with my friend Jenn Mason right? Funny how small a world it is!!!

Wendy said...

How fun! You guys deserved a relaxing weekend out of town! San Antonio is such a fun place. I'm kind of jealous that you guys lived there.

Andrea W. said...

Um, hello?? San Antonio??? I am surprised we didn't run into you at Alamo Cafe- we are regulars there!

Cara said...

I love Gruene! The Grist Mill is delicious if you haven't eaten there...you should. San Antonio is also a fun place to visit. Happy Anniversary!

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

I talk to Jenn about once a year but its like old friends you know how that goes. She is doing well living near lubbock going to tech. Hopefully we will run into each other and actually talk to one another!!!!