Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day & Summer Project #1

We had a great Memorial Day Weekend. My parents came in town the first part of the weekend and we had a great time visiting. They also helped me with summer project number 1, but we'll get to that later! Then on Memorial day we had a cookout at our house. It was a great day being away from work and hanging out with friends!
Here's Chris rockin' out with Rock Star

My buddy Casen loved Gatsby's doggie door.


We went out to my granparents old farm with my parents.
The property that backs up to ours had some Goats ready
to head out for the long holiday weekend!


Now, on to my first summer project- Mission: Green Thumb. I have a confession. I'm a serial killer. (I hope my blog doesn't pop up for the FBI since I just wrote that!). I kill plants. And Flowers. I have the worst time caring for anything of the botanical variety. But I've decided that this summer, I'm going to rise above and try and beautify our flat, treeless, west Texas yard. My parents have become quite the garnders and they helped me plant some rose bushes with potato vine and some other things that I can't remember what they are called. Here's hoping between a little water and some miracle grow, I can manage to sustain some botanical life instead of kill it! So here are some pics while everything is still alive, so that at least if it dies I can remember what it looked like.






6 comments:

Unknown said...

I kill plants, too. I hate yard work and gardening; however, it is impossible not to do something where I live or things get way out of control because everything grows here! I love the picture of Casen in the doggie door!

The Davis Daily said...

Your plants look great. I tell you that Liquid Miracle Grow works great. I have used it since we lived in Midland and our plants always seem to do really well. You got me in the mood to plant. I just called Kelby and told him we need to go plant shopping.

Jodi said...

I too have a black thumb. But I too am on a mission, and so far so good! Sidenote: I have some hanging baskets of bogonias on our back porch,which I love, and they have been alive and kickin' over a month. One little Mommy bird loves them so much she has decided to raise her little chickadees in one! So there is a very structureally sound birds' nest build inside my flowers complete with four little eggs. Let's just say I am hoping to not only avoid killing the flowers but the family within.

Yours look gorgeous. Keep up the good work!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'd say your thumb is green! Pretty flowers!

Ashley said...

What pretty flowers and a great way to brighten up your summer!

Shelly said...

Tish needs a ride home.