Thursday, January 10, 2008

Big Lovin'

Well, I celebrated another birthday. Does anyone else feel like as soon as you hit 28 the countdown to 30 begins? Not that I'm complaining... I feel very fortunate to be where I'm at in this stage of my life. So come on, 30! I'm not scared of you!

Enough about that. One of the perks of my birthday is the great gifts I always get from my sweet family. A lot of people think it must stink to have a birthday so close to Christmas, but I've never felt that way! It's always been special.


This year for part of my B-day, Chris got me the first two seasons of Big Love. I have watched the first season once with friends, and am excited about re-watching it again with Chris! (Especially with the writer's strike and no good tv. Thank goodness for BL coming to the rescue!) It is great. It's another award winning HBO show that I LOVE! It's about a polygamist family and the struggle of living a plural life. If you are looking something to fill the tv void over the next few months, I highly recommend it! My friends and I started watching it after an episode on Oprah with real life plural families. On the one hand, it's crazy to think that people still do this in civilized Western society, but on the flip side it's fascinating and you actually see how these plural families learn to love one another while living as a family.

So friends, how would you feel about sharing your hubby with some sister wives and helping raise her kids? Or for the guys, can you imagining having to deal with the demands of 3 women in your life?

And thanks to all the friends and family for givin' me some big lovin' for my birthday!


5 comments:

Wade said...

Mauri!

I'm sure you don't remember me but we have a special bond since you and I share the same wonderful distinction of having to live with your brother!

(Which reminds me! I need to call him!)

Anyway, Tara pointed me your way so I thought I'd stop and say hello!

I'll stop by again soon!

W

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend! (Sorry I missed it!) 30 rocks, so look forward to it! :) I love you dearly!! :)

And just do what I did... when I hit 29 I just decided I was thirty and would call myself 30 so by the time it actually hit, it was old hat. :)

Wendy said...

You know I'm going to have to borrow your birthday present when you and Chris are done re-watching!

Jenny Wilkinson said...

I am of no use to you now! P.S. Happy Birthday.

Leigh Ann said...

I love Big Love too!! It's such an interesting show.
p.s. I think I might have started a blog....