Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Postmodern Blog

Here is the conversation Chris and I had during a Dancing with the Stars commercial break last night:

Chris: You need to update your blog!
Me: I just started it last week.
Chris: Yes, but if you want people to read your blog, you have to keep them intrigued.
Me: But I don't have anything to blog about. I guess I could blog about that.
Chris: Blogging about blogging.... how postmodern. (He always makes me laugh! Love that guy!)

So, here I am, on my second post, talking about how I don't have anything to say. Before I started this blog, I would go through my days and think, "Oh, I could blog about that!". I finally decided I had an interesting enough life to give it a try. Why is it that once I started the blog, I no longer had anything to blog about?


I do have one snipet that as I continued to watch Dancing I thought I'd mention. Will Edyta please put some clothes on? Seriously. We all know her body is insane, and I'm not asking her to go Amish on us... just a little taste.


Thanks to all of you for your comments! It really has made my week to get reconnected with so many of you through blog world! I promise I will try and be a little more exciting in the future! And since I don't have kids to post Halloween pics of (or a dog that will tolerate a costume for that matter), I will be looking forward to all of your post Halloween blogs!

11 comments:

JKMeeks said...

IT IS ABOUT TIME! WELCOME FRIEND! We are so glad you are here. And it is admittedly sad that I have to keep up with you by a blog when you live one street over...well maybe its two, but that isnt any better. Lets get together soon!

Charis said...

Hey! Glad you've started a blog of your own. It'll be nice to keep in touch! And that girl definitely needs to put more clothes on :)

Jodi said...

I know!!! Edyta or whatever her name is must have some serious self-esteem! Probabaly too much. I guess if I looked like that... wait, I can't even finish that sentence. There is no way I would go before millions week after week practically naked. My sweet, precious dad keeps saying that she is his favorite. I told him that is just sick. :)

And girl, you just blog about anything you want! Your devoted readers will read whatever is on the screen and love it! :) Love ya!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Have you seen my blog lately? I blog about whatever. :)

Lori said...

Thanks for your sweet comment, yes, I did make her costume...but it was super easy. It took me about 10 minutes with some glue and thread!

Cara said...

Yay! I am so glad you started a blog. It was good catching up with you at the reunion dinner. No worries about having nothing to blog about. I have no husband or kids, but somehow I manage to keep my three readers entertained. :)

Allison said...

Edyta is stunning. She is actually good for me....makes me want to get all this baby weight off NOW! Has to have the longest legs ever!

Mauri said...

jkmeeks- good running into you last night! we must get together for a real outing soon!

charis- Good to see you on here! Yay for blog world!

Jodi- Your dad makes me laugh. that is so wrong.

finally an abrigg- yes, but you are little miss busy busy and always have something going on!

lori- seriously, that just makes me even more mad. 10 minutes, glue, and thread? if you saw what I could do in 10 minutes with all of that, you'd understand why I'm jealous.

Cara- Hey! Good to see you! and it was fun catching up at the reunion too!

allison- yes, she does have the longest legs ever, which is probably why this short girl hates her.

Unknown said...

I don't watch Dancing With the Stars, but I do think the girl would look better clothed.

And I agree that you should just blog about whatever you want to write about. Really, there is probably nobody's life that is interesting enough to really warrant blogging - I know mine isn't; however, all of us friends like to keep in touch. I like to read about the day to day in other people's lives just because it makes you feel like you miss out on a whole lot less!

Anonymous said...

I've watched several seasons, and she is always the most naked one out there!!

Carolyn said...

I am so glad you are blogging! Please post all of the time and do not procrastinate for months. :-) I want to hear about anything and everything--particularly the stuff that seems mundane.