Sunday, March 9, 2008

I'm in a New York State of Mind

I've been a horrible blogger lately, but I do have an excuse. Chris and I just got back from a trip to New York City. February was a crazy month for us, so it was great to start March off with getting out of town and spending some time with each other. I've been to NY a few times, but it was so fun to see the city with Chris, who had never been! We had a great time. We tried to hit all the must sees, including: Times Square (which we had a great view of from our Hotel room), Central Park, Bryant Park, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Rockefeller Center, Shops on 5th Avenue, "Shops" on Canal Street (Chinatown), the United Nations, the Empire State Building (we didn't go up b/c of rain),St. Patrick's, Wall Street, the World Trade Center site, Macy's, street food, other food, a ferry ride to Staten Island with great views of the harbor, downtown, the Brooklyn Bridge, and the Statue of Liberty, and of course a Broadway show. I'm sure I am leaving some things out, but you get the point! Here are a few of the highlights in pictures.

Carriage Ride in Central Park

In front of the Central Park Reservoir


Chris enjoying some Street Food


On the Ferry to Staten Island

Chris "listening" to the Interpreters at the UN


You won't find better Cheesecake!
It's called New York style for a reason!

Me in Times Square

Chris in Times Square


Hairspray! So much Fun!


And just in case you were worried about the little guy,
he was staying with his Grancy and Grumpy, who
thought he "needed" his own couch.... Can you said SPOILED?


16 comments:

Shelly said...

Welcome back, Mauri! Thanks for the pics. So glad y'all had a good time in NYC and ate lots of questionably hygienic food.:)

campers said...

that pic of y'all on the ferry is GREAT!!! Looks like fun! glad y'all got to getaway!

Kim Winter said...

You guys have so much fun! But you are right, after the February you had, you both deserved it! Glad you are back safe. Love you both!

Leigh Ann said...

Looks like you two had a good time:) And that cheesecake made me hungry!

Jenny Wilkinson said...

I'm totally jealous of your trip but can still manage to be happy for you. It looks like a lot of fun and I can't wait to hear the details.

Jodi said...

Seriously jealous here too! So fun... good for you two for getting away!! And girl, how pretty do you look in those pictures?!?! You always do, but seriously, you are stunning. Just thought I'd tell ya. :)

Hannah said...

what a fun trip! and much needed i'm sure.

Carolyn said...

What a great trip! You and Chris are so cute. I think a trip to our nation's capital is in order, don't you?

Leah said...

I have been wondering about your
C-I-T-Y adventure! Looks like soooo much fun and a great getaway.
Come by and see us. We have gotten to be sooo big now since you last cuddle us.

Wendy said...

What a fun trip! I am dying to go to NYC. I'm glad y'all had a great time, and I'm glad you're back now!

Lori said...

I am so jealous!!! I want to go back to NY so bad. It is so fun!!! Glad you guys had a fun (and safe) trip!! The pics brought back memories!!

Unknown said...

I am jealous! I want to go somewhere fun like New York! Glad you guys had a fun time!

Unknown said...

I am jealous! I want to go somewhere fun like New York! Glad you guys had a fun time!

Shannon said...

What a fun trip! I'm curious about "Canal street". Apparently, it's the place to shop for purses. What's the big deal??

Ashley said...

I am so jealous. I have never been to New York! You are one lucky girl!

Kelly said...

It was good to see you @ Sing Song. I just found your blog.

NYC is one of my most favorite cities ever. It looks like you covered everything and had a great time...how fun!